Why You Need a Personal Injury Attorney
Immediately after an injury, you may find yourself bombarded with paperwork, requests, and insurance agents pressuring you to settle. You may feel as though no one is giving you a straight answer and no one seems to be looking out for your best interests.
After an injury, it is often best to hire an attorney, rather than attempt to deal with insurance agents and the other party’s attorney alone, even if you didn’t cause the accident.
If you do not think you need a personal injury attorney, here are some reasons you may want to reconsider:
They Are Experienced with Claims – A personal injury attorney has experience handling cases just like yours. They understand the claims process and know how to negotiate with insurance companies so that you get maximum compensation.
No Fees – Personal injury cases are taken on a contingency fee basis. That means your attorney is only paid if you win your case. If you do not, you won’t pay anything to your attorney.
No More Red Tape – Insurance agencies do not make it easy to file your claim. They can bog you down with endless paperwork so that you feel overwhelmed and give up, which is exactly what they want. But, your attorney helps you through this complicated procedure, knows the necessary medical terminology, and can handle all of that paperwork for you.
- Access to Investigators – A personal injury lawyer has access to their own investigators. They can examine every aspect of your case, helping you prove your claims and make sure they hold water in court.
- Outside Perspective – You are bound to suffer through a variety of emotions after your accident ranging from frustration to sadness to anger. All of these can blur your objectivity and make it difficult to see what is best for your case. A lawyer provides you with an outside perspective and will help you make decisions that are not based on emotions.
- Better Settlement Amounts – An attorney can get you a better settlement amount than if you attempt to represent yourself. Also, he or she can negotiate your settlement amount, ensuring your medical bills and other damages are covered.
Meet with a Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you have been injured, you need a Daytona Beach personal injury attorney by your side. Meet with the team at the Law Offices of Robert W. Elton today for a free consultation.
We work as your advocates to ensure you receive adequate compensation for the injuries and pain you have suffered. Call us now at 386-274-2229.
- How to Find the Right Personal Injury Lawyer
- 3 Most Common Personal Injury Cases
- When Should I Accept a Personal Injury Settlement?
- How to Get a Personal Injury Lawsuit Started