What Damages Can I Recover after a Car Accident?
After a car accident, there are several types of damages you may wish to recover in regards to your injuries. While medical expenses are the most popular, there are other damages you can claim depending on the extent and documentation of the injury. It is always best to speak skilled Daytona Beach car accident attorneys in before assuming you can claim all damages though as every case is different.
Damages You May be Able to Recover
While everyone’s case is different, there are some damages you may be able to recover, including:
Medical Expenses – Injuries as minor as cuts and scrapes or as serious as long-term disability can be recovered after an accident. If you need future medical care, this can also be claimed based on an estimation of how much you will be charged in the future.
Pain and Suffering – This is not as easy to claim as you may think. But, if you have suffered mental or physical distress after an accident, then you may be able to include this in your damage request.
Lost Wages – If you had to miss time from work because of your injuries or you will have to decrease your earnings in the future because of your injuries, you may be able to claim lost wages in your lawsuit. You will need to prove that you cannot make the same amount of money as you used to and then the jury must use your age, occupation, and skill level to determine what they can reward.
- Loss of Companionship or Affection – If you are married and the injury you suffered will affect your relationship, such as being unable to show affection or even engage in sexual activity with your spouse, you may claim loss of companionship or affection damages in your suit.
It is Best to Speak to a Car Accident Attorneys Daytona Beach First
Even if you have injuries and have missed countless hours of work, the burden of proof is on you. An experienced car accident lawyers Daytona Beach can assess your case and help represent your damage claims in court.
Contact the team at the Law Offices of Robert W. Elton today for a free consultation. Let us discuss your car accident case and we can tell you right away if you qualify for a lawsuit and what damages you can claim.
Related Posts :
- 7 Reasons You Really Need an Attorney After a Car Accident
- The First Steps after a Car Accident are Critical
- Is it Time to Hire an Accident Attorney?
- After Your Crash: Tips for Hiring a Car Accident Attorney