Unusual Florida Fatalities
The death of a loved one is never easy. Accidents and injuries remind us of just how transient life is. When bizarre events take a life, a local personal injury and wrongful death attorney can help families deal with the aftermath.
Some of the most flabbergasting scenarios that led to injuries and fatalities in recent years include:
- A Disney World employee was run over by a monorail train;
- A portable toilet was blown off of a building that was under construction. It fell four stories onto a construction worker, who was killed.
- A Beauty and the Beast float ran over a Disney World employee who was performing in costume during a parade;
- A teenager who attempted to inhale Freon gas was killed by the substance;
- A prison inmate who attempted to escape by hopping into a garbage truck was crushed by the machinery therein;
- After entering and winning a cockroach-eating contest that involved numerous additional worms and bugs, a Florida man buckled and fell to the ground;
- When a veterinarian was treating a horse, the animal kicked an oxygen chamber, which resulted in a fatal explosion;
- A father and son who were enjoying the Florida sunshine collided on jet skis, killing the father;
- When a broken pump allowed a pond to develop on a golf course, a young golfer was accidentally electrocuted while attempting to retrieve a ball.
When an accident is the result of negligence, damages may be awarded to the injured parties. Negligence can be associated with faulty products, professional malpractice, improper actions or inadequate safety precautions.
Regardless of the circumstances of your loss, you may be entitled to financial remuneration following a serious injury or the death of a loved one. Legally, you may be entitled to damages if negligence or recklessness was a factor in the incident. Costs that might be addressed may include:
- Medical bills, including treatment, medications, and physical therapy;
- Lost present and future wages;
- Funeral costs;
- Pain and suffering;
- Replacement costs associated with lost or damaged property;
- Loss of companionship and/or support.
Following an Accident
Dealing with the emotional toll of a serious accident can be overwhelming. That is precisely the reason you want aggressive and experienced legal counsel to handle the lawful claims associated with such an incident. While you are managing the incomprehensible task of recovery following the loss of a loved one, or the physical recuperation after a devastating accident, the skilled legal team at the Law Offices of Robert W. Elton will handle the legal issues on your behalf. You deserve justice. Let us help. Contact us in Daytona & Ormond Beach for a confidential consultation today.