Daytona & Ormond Beach Car Accident Attorney
Accessible and aggressive representation for personal injury victims in Daytona Beach, Ormond Beach, Port Orange and Surrounding Areas
Due to the individual nature of each accident and each person’s injuries, it is difficult to know for sure if you do have a case unless you meet with a legal professional who can properly assess your situation. The Law Offices of Robert W. Elton provides clients with legal services from an attorney with more than 40 years of experience in accident and injury law. Beyond obtaining compensation for accident victims, I litigate civil cases and offer other administrative legal services, such as estate planning.
Victim’s rights are my area of focus, so if you were injured in a car accident, my skill set allows me to handle the legal issues involved and allows you to focus on getting well. Contact an experienced Daytona & Ormond Beach car accident attorney today.
What are the Legal Aspects of Car Crashes in Florida?
Florida laws take into account comparative negligence. Simply put, this means that a judge or mediator may examine the evidence and designate several parties that caused an accident. Since a judge may divide responsibilities for the compensation accordingly, it is vital for you to have an advocate who knows how the Florida legal system works.
Witness testimony influences any case, but in states with comparative negligence, it is even more important to get the names of potential witnesses who may have seen the incident. With four decades of insurance and accident law under my belt, I have successfully applied Florida’s comparative negligence law countless times to impact the outcome at the negotiations table, or in the courtroom.
- How Your Car Accident Lawyer Wins Your Injury Claim?
- What are the Reasons You Really Need an Attorney After a Car Accident?
- What to Do About Back Pain After a Car Accident in Daytona Beach?
Why Car Wrecks Happen…
More than 5800 car crashes happened in Volusia County in 2011, including 85 fatalities. It doesn’t matter whether the damage is to you or your car, you still need someone to represent you who understands the causes of car crashes and truck accidents. Common roadway accidents include:
- Distracted drivers
- Unsafe roadways
- Driving while intoxicated
- Aggressive drivers and road rage
- Improper signage
- Defective automobiles and parts
- Driver fatigue
- Congested roadways
- Distracted drivers : As of October 2013 Florida joins other states in banning texting while driving. Texting drivers not only break Florida law, but they also run the risk of injuring others. If you were in a collision with another driver who is charged with texting and driving, this can influence how a jury reacts.
- Driving while intoxicated : Many people think they are “just fine” when they should not be behind the wheel. Impaired drivers often worry about law enforcement, forgetting the potential for causing a deadly accident. If a drunk driver has killed your loved one or you were hurt in such an accident, the Law Offices of Robert W. Elton can provide for staunch representation.
- Driver fatigue : Long workdays, lengthy trips and even a poor night’s sleep impact driver response time. When a tired driver hits you, I know how to delineate the causes of driver fatigue and demonstrate how they impact your case.
- Aggressive driving : Driving behind a slow-poke can be frustrating. If someone acts on emotions and hits your vehicle in a highway accident by driving aggressively, you have the right to compensation.
Tourists Get Hurt in Car Accidents in Daytona Beach
If you are a tourist who is unaware of local laws, an experienced car accident lawyer’s grasp of the facts can make a huge difference in the outcome of your case. You may have been enjoying riding your bike to the beach, and unexpectedly ended up seriously injured a bicycle accident.
I help local residents and visitors every day who are seeking amends from irresponsible drivers. If you don’t live in Florida, I can represent you in local courts while you convalesce back home.
On the other side of the coin, tourists can be a threat to local roadways. From having to deal with unfamiliar traffic patterns and the need to concentrate on both maps and street signs to simplify driving an unfamiliar rental car, visitors may cause an accident that hurts you.
If you live in New Smyrna Beach, DeLand, Bunnell, Ormond Beach, Holly Hill or other towns nearby, I can demonstrate how an out-of-state driver’s situation contributed to your injuries.
Contact the Office to Learn More about How We Represent Car Accident Victims in Daytona Beach
Daytona Beach car accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Robert W. Elton, I work with clients personally to achieve better results. I offer hospital visits, and flexible hours to serve your needs. To make an appointment for a free consultation, call 386-274-2229 or contact us online.